Saturday, November 2, 2013

Trick or Treat!

Last Halloween we took a very sweet, 9 month old Bee trick or treating for the first time. It was such a fun experience. I remember that age and the holidays being so hard. Her transition from babyhood to toddlerhood was such a difficult time for me, as I'm sure it is for many moms. You go from having a baby who is very much just an extension of you, to having this amazing person developing who is very much their own!

Now that we're on the other side of toddlerhood, it's much easier to accept that she's her own person. Even more, it's something that is very exciting! Instead of meeting her birthday with a sense of grief, I'm actually thrilled about it coming up! It's a much different dynamic over all, and trick or treating this year was just one example of that. She had such an amazing time, and seeing her having so much fun and being old enough to go to the doors on her own before rushing back to me with pride to show off her hard earned candy just made my heart feel like it was going to explode!

This year Bee was a sweet peacock, and her dog was a sweet bee!

   








1 comment:

  1. Keep treasuring every stage! THIS is SO easy.....I miss the littles stage. I LOVE my teens but you are so right they are a extension of us...But SO independent. It is hard to let go. BABY steps.....Hugs.

    ReplyDelete